ClutterBlog

My Simple Life...


google
InterWeb ClutterBlog

Sunday, February 26, 2006

We Love Coffee Here...

Weather Its Starbucks, Second Cup Tim Horton's or a special "home brew" the fact is we love our coffee.
In fact Coffee is making a come bake these days. I has overcame its bad rap as an unhealthy drug and many experts now are singing the praises of its health benefits. I like to do my best to be health conscious so I'm planning to increase my java consumption... May be I do get enough (shake shake).
I prefer brewing my own at home. I'm still trying to perfect the art and the science. For my every day consumption I use a drip machine with a screen style filter. I choose Maxwell House (its not my favorite but is very good for the price). For those special moments however I go all out. I use whatever specialty beans I have purchased. I shop around and have yet to get the same beans twice. I like PC Beans and Java Blend. Java blend offers some fair trade beans. I really like buying fair trade when I can. I always buy small quantities to ensure freshness. Grinding at the time of brewing is really the only way to go (even a hard core Tim's fan can tell the difference). I brew the coffee using a Bodum French press. The final step is imperative... Sit back with my wife and enjoy slowly.

Coffee Quiz